As a mom and a business woman on the go, I truly value my time. If I had my way I would spend none of it looking through my closet putting together outfits! I appreciate all the little things in life and feel perfectly content being low maintenance.
With that said, even I understand that image is important. So my solution to this dilemma was to minimize my closet! The fewer the outfits, the less decisions I had to make. Nothing says efficiency like the lack of options!
But how do you choose clothes for this kinda lifestyle? How would it work? Here is what I came up with:
1. Quality fabrics. Choosing pieces that will last requires choosing sturdy fabrics such as nylons, cotton and even suedes. Color fast fabric will also go along way.
2. Timeless styles. This is key. 95% of your wardrobe should be pieces that can carry you through at least five years of style changes.
3. What suits you! Your own personality should determine the way you dress! Choose colors you feel most confident in. This will serve you much better in the end as opposed to following the latest trends.
- interested in this look? Go to the urbble store to find it!
You can find this dashiki stretch 50’s inspired bathing suit @
Women of color have a hard time in a few areas when it comes to wearing bathing suits. These solutions can help you alleviate some of them.
- OUR PIGMENTATION: is a big issue. Many of us suffer from hyperpigmentation and have skin that is darker around our private areas. Although this is nothing to be a shamed of we have to realize that it may cause unwanted stares. The solution for this is to wear swim suit attire that covers up your butt and the private hair line.
- WEARING SUNSCREEN: This is important for two reasons. One is that in todays world the sun is dangerous and we are more prone to developing skin diseases. Sun screen protects you from those type of dangers. Second, there are a plethora of sun screen products on the market. Many offer glow, concealer and moisturizer. This can help temporarily even your tone giving you a more flawless look. Below are the brands that I use to get that really nice even tone and skin protection that will last all day at the beach or anywhere in the sun!
- MODESTY: Ever heard the term “less is more”? Showing up in a teeny weeny bathing suit leaves less to the imagination. So please don’t believe that saying. One piece or even two piece bathing suits that has more coverage in the private areas are more attractive and stylish.
- AGING BODIES AND SAGGING SKIN: Bathing suits with good coverage also lift sagging skin. These types of bathing suits tend to have elastic and because they cover the buttocks, it also lifts it. This causes the sagging skin on your legs to be lifted as well. Couple this with glowy sun screen and you have a flawless look for the day at the beach!
Try these methods and you will have a much better bathing suit experience!